Looking at film and television. Sometimes two very similar films come out close together, let's see which one is better...
Here's a list of 10 film duos I intend looking at. I'm starting off with films released in the same year calender year, but will expand out to films in consecutive years as time goes on. I'm also going to avoid deliberate rip-offs by companies such as Asylum who make "Mockbusters" of major films to trick audiences into see their film instead of the real thing.Below there is a poll with all 20 films on it. Ranking the pairs will determine the order I review them. Additional films will be added as after each review.
- 1983: Bond Film Showdown - Never Say Never Again vs Octopussy. [Currently a tie due to reader poll]
- 2010: Animated Super Villain Showdown - Megamind vs Despicable Me. [Despicable Me wins.]
- 1989: Underwater Base Showdown (Round 1) - Leviathan vs DeepStar Six. [Leviathan to face The Abyss, DeepStar Six to face Lords of the Deep.]
- 2013: Apocalypse Party Showdown (Round 1) - This Is The End vs The World's End. [The World's End to face This Is A Disaster; This Is The End to face Rapture Palooza.]
1986: Fighter Aces Showdown - Iron Eagle vs Top Gun.
- Who's the better pilot?
- Currently last place in the poll.
1998: Earth Approaching Asteroid Showdown - Deep Impact vs Armageddon.
2000: Mars Voyage Showdown - Mission to Mars vs Red Planet.
2005: Spelunking Scares Showdown - The Cave vs The Descent.
- Caves. Confided, dark, scary. What if something is down there with you?
- Currently winning the poll.
- Not a new idea, but two films with a new crop of actors and the idea in the title in the same year?
- A fight for last place.
- New to the list.
- Who will win when the last men on Earth meet head to head?
- New to List.
Check out the poll...
- 1991: Merry Men Showdown - Robin Hood vs Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
- 1995: Talking Pig Showdown - Babe vs Gordy.
- 1992: Christopher Columbus Showdown - 1492: The Conquest of Paradise vs Christopher Columbus: The Discovery.